For those who haven't experienced this loss, but are wondering what you can do to support those who have beyond awareness day/week/month, here's a short list of some of the things that have meant the most to me:
1. Cards and letters - handwritten notes in my mail box helped so much in acknowledging the loss and showing that we were cared for.
2. Care box - a box including tea, bars of chocolate, gossip celebrity mags and comedic dvds was a favorite tangible comfort and a lovely blown glass commemorative hummingbird was another.
3. Texts and emails - especially weeks and months after the miscarriage, just to ask, "How are you?" and knowing they cared about the answer even if it was "Pretty much a hot mess."
4. Wine - not just the bottle itself, but the conversation shared while drinking it.
5. Hug - actions speak louder than words and this physical comfort said so much more than "I'm sorry" ever could (virtual hugs also very welcome!).