My New Year's Eve view - a reminder of progress and growth.
1. Floss - Of all the Type A things I do, I can't believe this isn't one of them. I do eat M&Ms in color order, so maybe I'm compensating with an inverse of flossing by eating candy in an OCD manner, but dad-gum-it, I hate when my gums bleed during routine cleanings.
2. Activity - Now that I work from home, I want to incorporate regular activity, both athletic and outdoors, into my routine. I'm still figuring out how or what I want to do so that I have something concrete to work towards. I have one idea to climb the Bernal Hill every weekend I'm in town.
3. Non-violence - I want to continue to incorporate non-violent communication into my life. I feel that I've made some progress, but I'd like that progress and growth to be dramatic enough for the people closest to me to see.
4. Travel - I'd love to hit a new continent this year, but will settle for a new city, a new national park and a new wine region.
5. Learn - I want to add one new skill to my life tool box this year. In 2012, I focused for several months on learning Arabic. I'd love to do something like that for myself again this year. Upholstery? Photography/photoshop? I'm leaning towards something artistic or a skilled handcraft.