Yesterday, I promised big news. I think some of you have already guessed because I know that my blog friends are very astute. Suddenly all of my pictures of our house got very polished and my wide angle caught the whole room in sweeping views. They all looked like show rooms because, well, that's what they were. We put the house on the market in March after a burst of renovations that I couldn't keep up with on the blog. After putting the house up for sale, I retroactively caught up on some of the projects.
Then Mr. Palindrome graduated from graduate school and he started the job hunt. He's been flying around the country interviewing and finally landed at his dream job. In San Francisco. REWIND! San Francisco! Yes! Across the country! Twenty Eight Hundred Miles! 2800! Holy Moly!
- New Roof (We weren't going to replace the roof before selling, but now that we're holding on to the property we want to make the investment)
- Fix Siding (There's a few planks that need to be replaced near the chimney)
- Hang up blinds for tenants
- Hang new fan/light combo for tenants (and anybody who poo poos ceiling fans hasn't braved a summer in Durham - I hate ceiling fans except for May through October in North Carolina)
- Sell most furniture and all extraneous items
- Sell a car
- Frame a painting (post coming about this soon!)
- Finally dry clean my wedding dress
- Clear out closets and donate most summery stuff
- Eat through pantry and freezer
- Plan cross country road trip
I'll be working as well, so Mr. Palindrome is going to take on the lion's share of the work. It's going to be a crazy few weeks, so please bear with me. I have a few posts waiting in the wings to be written and I want to finish up our renovation recaps before we hit the road. Ready to take this show to the West Coast?????
4 hours ago